EQUS advisory committees
Scientific Advisory Committee
The Scientific Advisory Committee advises the Centre Director and Centre Executive on the direction of research undertaken within the Centre, as well as providing guidance on emerging international trends and scientific developments. The Scientific Advisory Committee is comprised of:
- Professor Sir Peter Knight FRS, Principal of the Kavli Royal Society International Centre, and Past-President of both the Institute of Physics and the Optical Society of America, chairs the committee.
- Professor Alain Aspect, is currently a Prof at Laboratoire Charles Fabry, Institut d'Optique. Prof Alain is an Alumnus of École Normal Supériere (ENS) in Cachan and the Université d'Orsay. He has held positions at the Institut d'Optique, the ENS in Yaoundé (Cameroon), ENS in Cachan, ENS/Collège de France, and CNRS.
- Professor Rainer Blatt, is currently a Prof and head of the Group at the Institute of Experimental Physics, University of Innsbruck.
- Professor John Clarke, is currently a Prof at Department of Physics,University of California, Berkeley.
- Professor Birgitta Whaley at Whaley Research Group, University of California, Berkeley.
The Advisory Committee assists the Centre Executive by contributing to the development of strategies and vision for the future and by serving as a vehicle for creating better linkages between academia, industry, and government. The Advisory Committee is comprised of:
- Professor Vicki Sara FAA FTSE, respectively former-CEO of the Australian Research Council; Director of the Australian Institute of Commercialisation; Director of the Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics; and Chancellor of the University of Technology Sydney, chairs the committee.
- Dr Bronwyn Evans, current CEO of Engineers Australia; former CEO of Standards Australia; Chair of the Growth Centre for Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals; Member of the Australia-Japan Foundation; and VP (Finance) of the International Standards Organisation, ISO.
- Professor Jim Williams, former-Director of the ANU Research School of Physical Sciences and Engineering; and Director of UWA, Centre for Atomic, Molecular and Surface Physics (CAMSP).
- Dr Ben Greene, the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Electro Optic Systems (EOS); and Chief Executive Officer of the Space Environment Research Centre (SERC).
- Dr Gregory J Clark AC, scientist, technologist and businessman. Currently the Chairman of KaComm Communications.
- Dr Anthony P Szabo, Dr Szabo has been employed by the Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group of the Australian Department of Defence for more than 25 years. For the bulk of this time he has conducted research in the field of Electronic Warfare. He is currently the Research Leader Electronic Surveillance and Coordination in DST Group’s Cyber and Electronic Warfare Division (CEWD). In this role he is also responsible for DST Group’s Quantum Technologies program, and is the Quantum Technologies Theme Leader under the Next Generation Technologies program. He is the Australian National Leader of the Electronic Warfare Systems (EWS) Group under the Technical Cooperation Program (TTCP), and leads DST Group’s activities under the AUS-US Electromagnetic Manoeuvre Warfare (EMW) and Airborne Multi-platform Electronic Warfare (AMPEW) Project Arrangements. He is a Board Member of the Australian Chapter of the Association of Old Crows, with a particular interest in promoting Electronic Warfare and developing the Electronic Warfare workforce in Australia. His research interests include quantum technologies, adaptive and cognitive EW, RF signal processing and the application of model based design techniques to the development of wideband digital EW systems.