EQUS advisory committees
Scientific Advisory Committee
The Scientific Advisory Committee advises the Centre Director and Centre Executive on the direction of research undertaken within the Centre, as well as providing guidance on emerging international trends and scientific developments. The Scientific Advisory Committee is comprised of:
- Professor Sir Peter Knight FRS, Principal of the Kavli Royal Society International Centre, and Past-President of both the Institute of Physics and the Optical Society of America, chairs the committee.
- Professor Alain Aspect, is a Professor at Institut d'Optique Graduate School (Augustin Fresnel chair), in University Paris-Saclay, and at Ecole Polytechnique (Institut Polytechnique de Paris) and Emeritus CNRS senior scientist.
- Professor Birgitta Whaley at Whaley Research Group, University of California, Berkeley.
- Professor John Clarke, is a Prof at Department of Physics,University of California, Berkeley.
- Professor Kae Nemoto, is a Professor at the National Institute of Information and the Graduate University for Advanced Studies in Tokyo.
- Professor Rainer Blatt, is a Prof and head of the Group at the Institute of Experimental Physics, University of Innsbruck.
- Associate Professor Yvonne Y. Gao, is an Associate Professor in the Deparment of Phyics at National University of Singapore.
The Advisory Committee assists the Centre Executive by contributing to the development of strategies and vision for the future and by serving as a vehicle for creating better linkages between academia, industry, and government. The Advisory Committee is comprised of:
- Professor Christine Williams, current Adjunct Professor at the University of Queensland; SheEO at Activator and Chair of Women in Economics Network Queensland and Life Sciences Queensland Limited.
- Dr Bronwyn Evans, current CEO of Engineers Australia; former CEO of Standards Australia; Chair of the Growth Centre for Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals; Member of the Australia-Japan Foundation; and VP (Finance) of the International Standards Organisation, ISO.
- Dr Ben Greene, the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Electro Optic Systems (EOS); and Chief Executive Officer of the Space Environment Research Centre (SERC).
- Dr Gregory J Clark AC, scientist, technologist and businessman. Currently the Chairman of KaComm Communications.
- Professor Jim Williams, former-Director of the ANU Research School of Physical Sciences and Engineering; and Director of UWA, Centre for Atomic, Molecular and Surface Physics (CAMSP).