Scientific Advisory Committee
The Scientific Advisory Committee advises the Centre Director and Centre Executive on the direction of research undertaken within the Centre, as well as providing guidance on emerging international trends and scientific developments. The Scientific Advisory Committee is comprised of:
- Professor Sir Peter Knight FRS, Principal of the Kavli Royal Society International Centre, and Past-President of both the Institute of Physics and the Optical Society of America, chairs the committee.
- Professor Alain Aspect, is currently a Prof at Laboratoire Charles Fabry, Institut d'Optique. Prof Alain is an Alumnus of École Normal Supériere (ENS) in Cachan and the Université d'Orsay. He has held positions at the Institut d'Optique, the ENS in Yaoundé (Cameroon), ENS in Cachan, ENS/Collège de France, and CNRS.
- Professor Rainer Blatt, is currently a Prof and head of the Group at the Institute of Experimental Physics, University of Innsbruck.
- Professor John Clarke, is currently a Prof at Department of Physics,University of California, Berkeley.
- Professor Mikhail D. Lukin at Quantum Optics Laboratory Lukin Group, Harvard University.
- Professor Birgitta Whaley at Whaley Research Group, University of California, Berkeley.
The Advisory Committee assists the Centre Executive by contributing to the development of strategies and vision for the future and by serving as a vehicle for creating better linkages between academia, industry, and government. The Advisory Committee is comprised of:
- Professor Vicki Sara FAA FTSE, respectively former-CEO of the Australian Research Council; Director of the Australian Institute of Commercialisation; Director of the Australian Centre for Plant Functional Genomics; and Chancellor of the University of Technology Sydney, chairs the committee.
- Dr Bronwyn Evans, current CEO of Standards Australia; Chair of the Growth Centre for Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals; Member of the Australia-Japan Foundation; and is the VP (Finance) of the International Standards Organisation, ISO.
- Professor Jim Williams, former-Director of the ANU Research School of Physical Sciences and Engineering; and Director of UWA, Centre for Atomic, Molecular and Surface Physics (CAMSP).
- Dr Alex Zelinsky Chief Defence Scientist and head of the Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO): and former-Group Executive for Information Sciences at the CSIRO.
- Dr Ben Greene, the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Electro Optic Systems (EOS); and Chief Executive Officer of the Space Environment Research Centre (SERC).