Quantum-GJM is a celebration of the scientific career of Gerard Milburn on his 60th birthday. The theme – Quantum Gates, Jumps, and Machines – captures his contributions in three broad areas: quantum information and computation; quantum measurement and dynamics; and engineered quantum systems.
The conference will run from October 24 to October 26 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre with additional events at the Gallery of Modern Art, the University of Queensland, and the Ship Inn.
- Dave Wineland, University of Oregon
- Michelle Simmons, Centre for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology, University of New South Wales
- Alain Aspect, Institut d'Optique, University of Paris-Saclay, Paris Tech.
- Raymond Laflamme, Institute for Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo
- Andrew White, Centre for Engineered Quantum Systems, University of Queensland
- Barry Sanders, Institute for Quantum Science and Technology, University of Calgary=
For more information on invited speakers and the full program, go to the conference website.
- Professor Howard Wiseman (Chair), Griffith University
- Dr Sally Shrapnel, University of Queensland and EQUS
- Professor Carlton Caves, University of New Mexico
- Professor Sir Peter Knight, Imperial College London and EQUS Scientific Advisory Chair