EQuS Young Researcher Idea Factory 2016Monday, May 16 2016 - Wednesday, May 18 2016
EQuS Young Researcher Idea Factory is an initiative that aims to bring young researchers from all the different EQuS nodes together. The focus is on collaboration and research communication.
During three days we will meet on North Stradbroke Island to establish possible interdisciplinary research projects. At the workshop, every participant will be invited to give a five-minute introduction on their work. Then, Attendants will be divided into smaller workgroups where each group will develop a possible collaborative research project. Science communication training will be part of the experience, leading up to the final presentation of your ideas to a small panel of judges.
The workshop will be an excellent opportunity to meet other young EQuS researchers, learn more about science communication and proposal writing, and to put forward new ideas and projects.
The workshop is fully funded by EQuS through the Node Collaboration Program. However, the number of participants is limited to two people per CI, so early registration is encouraged in order to secure a place. Please coordinate with the other members of your group on who gets to go this year, as there will be more opportunities in the future.
- Nathan McMahon, University of Queensland/Macquarie University
- Erick Romero, University of Queensland
- Dr Marcelo de Almeida, University of Queensland
- Dr Ben Baragiola, Macquarie University
- Dr Keyu Xia, Macquarie University
- Catxere Casacio, University of Queensland
- Jose Andres Rosario Hamann, University of Queensland
- Varun Prakash, University of Queensland
- Raphael Abraho, University of Queensland
- Sarah Lau, University of Queensland
- Guillaume Gauthier, University of Queensland
- Thomas Bell, University of Queensland
- Seyed Saadatman, University of Queensland
- Reece Roberts, Macquarie University
- Nora Tischler, Macquarie University
- Samantha Hood, University of Queensland
- Dean Southwood, Macquarie University
- Rochelle Martin, Macquarie University
- Sarath Raman Nair, Macquarie University
- Zachary Christina, University of Sydney
- Parth Girdar, University of Sydney
- Dr Volodymyr Monarkha, University of Queensland
- Dr Josh Combes, University of Queensland
- Martin van Mourik, University of Innsbruck
- Esteban Martinez, University of Innsbruck
- Joanna Guse, University of New South Wales
- Dr Karin Cedergren, University of New South Wales (conference organiser)
- Dr Clemens Mueller, University of Queensland (conference organiser)