Calling quantum enthusiasts: We're looking for computer games that explore the full breadth of quantum physics!
The ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems has today launched "Quantum Games", a quantum-themed computer game competition where quantum physics is used to good effect.
The Quantum Games competition will accept games that run on common platforms (web, Android, Mac, PC, or iOS). To enter, you must create the game and then film a short video showcasing game play. This will be used to create the shortlist.
First prize for is $1500.00 (AUD). The runner-up prize is $500.00 (AUD).
Entrants are invited to contact a quantum physicist to get them get their quantum game on. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Competition dates are below. For more information and inspiration, go to this link.
- 14 September 2017 - Submissions open
- 31 January 2018 - End date for submissions
- 21 February 2018 - Shortlist announced
- 28 February 2018 - Shorlisted entries must supply full playable game
- 31 March 2018 - Winner announced